TOGETHER. MAKING A DIFFERENCE.
How your sponsorship can help
The team and back up crew undertaking The Great British Adventure Challenge are doing so out of their own pocket, paying for all travel, equipment, accommodation and food. That’s why we would like support so that we can focus on the challenge and help raise vital funds for the good causes.
We have two types of sponsorship opportunities: Main Sponsors and Stage Sponsors.
Main sponsors are those who supply equipment, clothing, food, advice and/or finance, that makes a difference to the planning, logistics and undertaking of the challenge itself.
Our present main sponsor is Specialized UK. Specialized UK help provide the bike, bike accessories, biometric bike fit, training advice, mechanical support and general motivation for us. They have been invaluable to this challenge and we are not sure how we would have got this far to date without them.
We are currently looking for main sponsors who might be able to help with the following:
- Food, particularly endurance and expedition food, snacks, and provisions;
- Equipment, particularly expedition tent, eye protection/sun glasses, expedition day pack;
- Clothing, particularly waterproofs for bike and mountain use, and cycle shorts and jerseys;
- Camera accessories, particularly mini SD cards, GoPro Hero 5 batteries, iPad mini, and small compact digital camera;
- Finance, particularly with support in paying for accommodation.
Stage Sponsors are those who financially support each stage of the challenge. Sponsorship of £275 ensures that £35 goes to support the daily costs of the challenge, with £240 going directly into the funds raised for the three good causes. Stage Sponsors can choose if their £240 is split between the three good causes or one in particularly is chosen.
If we are able to secure 22 (22 stages in the challenge) Stage Sponsors, then we will be able to commit £770 (about half of the estimated total costs but match-funded by Altimise Ltd) to the costs of undertaking the challenge itself, and £5,280 (a third of our target) going direct to the three good causes.